The village "Vrosthena" or "Hill", the Municipal Unity Diakopto, is nailed to the mountain, 22 kilometers off the switch and an altitude of 800 meters, the road to the Great Cave and Kalavryta. Its history is lost forever. We meet for the first time on record, the "land of Vostitsa" Venetian, called "Vrestena" or "Vrostena" as the neighborhood then switch. The text is the 1690. Reported in 1818 in the archives of London, as a "village with 12 houses." In 1821 there remains a notable fighter Christodoulos and Halabja. His son Andreas, participates in the famous "meeting of Vostitsa", the January 1821.
The village has another fighter, the Koumoutsos, striking the Egyptians Vouraikos Gorge in 1827. After the revolution, he joined the municipality Vrosthena Vouros. In the mid-nineteenth century, many inhabitants of the village came in today Diakopto. At the same time, settled in the village, families from the villages Zachlorou of Kalavryta. In 1912 part of the community Diakopto. The 1950's the "Vrosthena" renamed "Hill". In the village center there is a large tower, called "Pasha mansion." The construction began his rather Venetians and the Turks ended. The legends about him a lot.
KSOKLISI is in a little distance from the village, stands an old chapel dedicated to the Virgin. It is probably built on an ancient temple. The legend says that from there, the monks began to build the Great Cave. By the late nineteenth century, there was a monk. The church is the "St George", but the village has a festival, the "holy apostles", 29-30 June. The last Saturday of July each year, the club organized the village, the "feast of sheep." The inhabitants of the village were occupied and engaged mainly in agriculture and animal husbandry and lately with tourism.